Saturday, January 26, 2008

I was woken up by Joanne and YJ today cuz they said there was no water flowing out of our taps and our toilet was stuck (again).

The water didn’t flow out of the taps yesterday too and I think it’s because of the weather. It’s too cold so the water in the taps turned into ice. After turning on our taps at the hottest temperature, the water slowly flowed back.

I think we would need to turn on our taps to get the water flowing tonight so the same problem wouldn’t happen again tomorrow.

As for our stuck toilet bowl, we called the repair guy to help us pump it but when he came, he said it was too serious and needed some other guy to come to use some machine to solve our problem and it’ll cost about RMB100.

SIGH. We’re left with 2 weeks staying in this apartment and this had to happen.

Lets talk about happier things, Angela went to open the curtains and guess what. Yes, it was snowing outside!!!

It snowed and snowed the whole day long and I walked to work :D :D I brought an umbrella with me because I saw other people doing it too. But my clothes still turned white cuz of the snow.

There was supposed to be training by Fabian at 4pm today but I think he forgot so it was cancelled.

70 covers for the night kept us real busy! I saw a group of handsome guys dine in the restaurant today and there were like 5 of them. BUT, Amy told me they were gay. SIGHHHH.

And yeah, I saw 2 of them going into the men’s toilet and locked the door and stayed there for like 10mins?

I was supposed to end work at 11pm today cuz I started at 3pm but I wanted to stay until the restaurant ended because it was my second last day and also Christian wanted to go for supper.

So we waited for everyone to knock off and in the end, 10 of us went down to eat Ji Gong Bao at the same place they brought me to last time (:

Those that went were Amy, Fiona, Bryan, Christian, Foster, Raymondo, Edison, Angela, Becky and me!

We ordered 4 pots and started eating and chatting. Edison was the most talkative tonight for I don’t know what reason.

It was Christian’s treat tonight and it was sort of like a farewell supper for Angela and me. Although we’ve only known them for less than a month, I must say they are all very nice people and I’m so gonna miss them when I get back to Singapore.

We ate until about 3.30am and after grabbing our stuff, we went out of the place and guess what.

THE WHOLE STREET WAS COVERED IN SNOW!!!!!!!!! (and it was STILL snowing!)

All 10 of us got so high lah! We started taking out our cameras and snapping photos and also played with snow!

I think we’re seriously very very lucky to have seen snow in Shanghai cuz it hasn’t snowed that heavily for like 4 years?

Foster, Raymondo, Angela and I decided to walk home instead of cabbing so we could enjoy the snow :D

And when Angela and I got home (at like 4.30am), we woke YJ up to tell her it was snowing!