Saturday, January 12, 2008

I thought I was gonna go to work alone today but Angela decided to go too despite her eye.

My shift starts at 4pm and thank goodness we reached right on time because there was a trainee training done by Fabian at 4pm!

The moment we went inside the private room and sat down, Fabian came in.

He introduced us the whole concept of what Jade is and everything about Jade from the food to the chef to the interior décor.

Training lasted for an hour and will continue again next week. We decided to skip dinner because there won’t be enough time to make it for the 5.30pm meeting if we went down.

I thought that I was supposed to do the Rice Cake briefing today but it seems like Fabian forgot about it so I didn’t mention anything too (:

But when I saw him in the later part of the night, I decided to remind him about it because I’ve already gathered all the information and I didn’t want to make him feel that I’m not responsible.

Somehow, Fabian seemed a little nicer today. But at the end of the day he flared up because Tracy printed the wrong menu for the guest :/

Anws, the staff today told me that it MIGHT snow tomorrow! It got me SO excited!! Hahaha.

And the weather was really good despite the cold winds because the sky was crystal clear.

After working for (I think) a week, today’s the first day that I witnessed so many reservations. We were quite busy and time passed faster.

I’ve also mastered the skill of wrapping the chocolate cake already (although I’m wasting a lot of gold ribbon :P)

Since I was on B shift, I needed to wait till all the guests leave before I could knock off. Fiona and I were the last ones standing and we were praying so hard that the guests leave ASAP and because they were French, Fabian started chatting with them for like 20 mins!

Omg in the end we left at around 12.45am and on our way down we met Amy, Gabriel, Ken and Alex. They were on their way for supper so Fiona and I joined them.

The weather was too cold to walk because the wind was so strong so we cabbed down.

The place was very near my house and we ate this thing called “Ji Gong Bao” It’s somewhat like steamboat/hotpot.

We were first served all the chicken bits inside this clay pot placed on top of fire and the sauce was kinda like soya sauce.

After finishing the chicken, the service staff would add more sauce (soup? Or is it stock?) and then we could add in the ingredients we ordered to cook (a la steam boat style).

We put in mushrooms, vegetables, sausages, luncheon meat etc etc.

I’ve also found out hot gossip about certain staff working at Jade and it’s quite shocking.

The night was damn fun because we started playing lame games. There were 4 girls sitting behind our table and we just decided to start talking to them and in the end they were in the same line as us! They work for Hyatt at Jin Mao.

We bet on the silliest things. For example, the girls would drink a certain amount of rice wine if all the guys had the guts to walk up to the 4 girls (we didn’t talk to them yet) and offer them a piece of chicken each.

The night ended off with us going outside to watch the guys play with beer. They did the “submarine” and all of them ended up puking. We also put salt in coke and asked Alex to put it inside his mouth to see what happens.

It was already 4am by the time we decided to leave. I know I was somewhere nearby my place but I didn’t know which direction to walk so I wanted to take a cab.

But in the end Ken told me he knew the way and offered to walk me home so I could save on cab fare! Yay (:

In the end I slept at like 5am omg.