Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I had to go to work today at 4pm. When I stepped out of the house to walk to work, guess what. I SAW SNOW! :D

The snow was super light lah and it stopped after awhile :(

When I went up to 36, Cici asked Dorathy and me to go down to the general store room (B1 of old tower. We were at level 36 of the new tower) to collect stuff.

The staff lift is forever super slow so by the time we went to collect the stuff and came back up to 36, it was dinner time!

I didn’t see Fabian the whole day so I thought he was off but NO he wasn’t.

Before the restaurant opened, I was sitting inside the hostess room looking for gloves to wrap the chocolate cake. He came in, stared at me, went out and came in again.

He was like “who went to stick that piece of email up on the wall? You’re gonna ruin the paint if it’s taken out. All of you have no respect for the hotel’s property. #@#!$#%@#” (don’t know what rubbish he was muttering in French but I heard the word ‘Putant’ which is the F word in French)

The thing I hate is he was telling me all these as if it was my fault. Like hello, I was off yesterday and when I went to the room it was already nicely stuck there. In the end he ripped the email off and said to remove the scotch tape marks.

Super angry can! I didn’t do anything wrong and got scolded! I went out and started complaining to Cici. Danny was there and he was shaking his head too. He even asked me why I didn’t scold in Hokkien when he was blabbering in French. Haha.

Anws, it wasn’t a busy night tonight and the last reservation was at 7.30pm (:

But because there was this UBS thingy going on in our hotel, Mabel, Michelle, Theresa and I had to go down to Grand Ballroom to promote Jade Bar and BATS to the guests.

The event was supposed to end at 9pm so all of us reached at 8.30pm to find an almost empty ballroom. I saw Goh and he said by 8pm all the guests started leaving already.

Since there were still some guests left in the Ballroom I volunteered to stay behind (because I knew the BQT people and it was less cold up there) to promote Jade Bar while the rest went to the lobby to do the same thing.

After half an hour Theresa came up and asked me to go down to the lobby. We stood there for another half an hour before we could go back up. I swear it was freezing cold cuz the doors were opening and closing! Ugh.

The last table ended by 11.30pm but we couldn’t leave yet cuz they had to set-up the tables for tomorrow’s dinner. Some company booked the entire restaurant (it costs RMB120,000 to do that) for a 25pax cocktail and dinner.

And, the issue of the missing key is still not solved. So, it wasn’t Fabian that took the key on Sunday. Haha.

I had to go down to Concierge to borrow the key to lock the express lift and go back down to return it to them and come back up. Troublesome!

Having nothing to do and waiting for them to set-up the table, I found crossword puzzles and entertained myself with it.

And finally at like 12.30am Mabel and I could leave! :D

I only bought 5 sticks of Shao Kao today because I’m like dead broke. RMB75 left for the month now.