Monday, January 14, 2008

Angela and I headed for work earlier today. We were supposed to meet YJ and Joanne at 1.30pm to gather information from different departments but we decided to have lunch instead.

In the end, we met them at 2pm at Macs and ate there until about 3.30pm then we went back to the hotel.

YJ and I went down to Rooms Reservations to get their organizational chart and also down to Banquet to get the organizational chart. All I lack of now is information from Jade on 36 and brochures from Banquet.

I’m on B shift today so I went up at 4pm and did practically nothing much for half an hour and then we could go for dinner. Since Angela and I were not hungry, we went to look for YJ and Joanne at Event’s Concierge instead. We slacked until it was time to go up for our 5.30pm meeting.

There were only 11 covers when we went for the meeting so Danny decided to send those that didn’t go for the staff party down because of the little amount of reservations.

I didn’t have a ticket because they ran out of it so no chance of lucky draw. But there was a buffet spread and lots of performances by various departments for the staff party.

It was really interesting to see different departments perform and I really applaud their courage. Even all the Excom members performed!

Before the staff party ended, some of the service staff received a phone call from upstairs and asked us to go back up.

In total, there were 39 covers! All walk-in guests. Super busy for a Monday night and it was unexpected.

But the good thing was that the last guest came in at 8.30pm so by 11pm everyone left already and all of us could leave at 11.30pm (:

Angela and I walked home and it was COLD COLD COLD. Didn’t snow today though :(