Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The weather was bad today, it rained.

I looked out the window and didn’t see anyone carrying an umbrella so I went out of the house without one too. What a mistake. It was actually drizzling really fine rain and by the time I got to the hotel, I was quite wet. And it was cold too because of the strong winds!

Work started at 4pm and I didn’t really do anything. I pretty much slacked and chatted with Tracy because it’ll be the last day I’m gonna see her cuz she’s going for her annual leave and by the time she comes back I’m in Singapore already.

Angela started work at 5.30pm so she bought Subway up for our dinner before the meeting (: We ate in the hostess room.

It was a really busy night. We had like close to 60 covers and time was spent wrapping the chocolate cake, folding napkins and bringing guests inside.

We also met the VVIP guest and he’s damn fussy. All the F&B heads went to meet him upstairs cuz he was choosing his menu for tomorrow’s dinner.

Apparently, we need to address him as “Lord” but when I did, he told me “just Baron will do”. But when Tracy addressed him as “Mr. Baron”, he said “it’s not Mr.” Okay, so what does he want?

And Fabian gave me another job to do. Now I gotta research on the Platinum card and give a presentation to the staff again. Sigh.

He also asked me to go for some hostess training every Thursday for 3 weeks. And immediately when the training ends, my attachment ends too!

There was no way we could leave early tonight. There was a reservation at 10.15pm and our last guest left at around 12.30am?

We still had to clean the hostess room after that because F1 asked F2 to do it by tonight. So Mabel, Becky and I had to stay and clear the stuff because we were on B shift.

Thank goodness we were done by 1.45am! Angela waited for me and we didn’t go look for YJ and Joanne at Hao Le Di because we were so tired so we walked home instead.