Monday, December 24, 2007

It sucks to wake up at 3am to puke. And the moment my puke came out, it was already bitter. I had like nothing left in my stomach to puke already and everything that came out was bitter water. Yucks.

Visited the toilet again, popped the remaining 4 pills the nurse gave me and went back to sleep.

I was feeling better in the morning when I woke up so I decided to go to work.

Met YJ at 3pm at the locker and we went up to Reservations first to give them key chains we brought from Singapore before looking for Ehui.

There was only 1 event going on tonight- Christmas Eve with Gigi Leung.

Since it was a buffet dinner, we didn’t need to serve anything. Thank goodness we didn’t have to wear the Santerina uniform the BQT staff were wearing cuz the skirt was so damn short!

In the end, Ehui assigned YJ to take care of the lucky draws while I was given a walkie-talkie to help him make sure that all the performers were on standby before they performed.

There was more food at the staff canteen today. They were giving out free bottled juices and cakes. Too bad for my stupid stomach, I didn’t eat much.

The whole event started at 6pm where guests started flowing in. I was kept busy the whole evening listening to conversations over the walkie-talkie and making sure that the whole event didn’t have any hiccups.

On the surface, everything seemed fine, but there were a few hiccups here and there.

The performances were quite boring for the night. There were children choir, acrobatic performance, comedians and dancers. Obviously the highlight of the night was Gigi Leung singing 7 songs at the last part of the event.

I’m not a fan, so I couldn’t really be bothered about it.

The event ended a bit later than scheduled. And since it was a buffet, all the chefs brought the remaining food to Nan Jing room and all staff was invited to eat there.

What a bad time to have no appetite. There was so much meat and turkey to eat!

Anws, we left at around 10.30pm and changed to go down to BATS because Angela, Gabriel and Joanne were there. There was a Christmas party going on there.

The bar turned out to be quite quiet and empty though. And I think almost half the people were hotel staff- mainly chefs.

The good thing was that we always have free food and drinks. We stayed for a little bit, played a little foosball and left immediately after the countdown (:

We heard the noise of fireworks when we were at level 1 so we ran all the way to the foyer where we could see the bund.

Fireworks right in front of your eyes for a full 10 mins is what you’ll never get in Singapore.

Joanne, YJ and YT wanted to go clubbing so they left in a cab while Angela and I walked home.