Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Surprisingly it didn’t rain a single bit today!

We didn’t turn the air-con on yesterday night but it felt like we did! That’s how cold the weather is right now (:

I heard from Hans that there’s no autumn in Shanghai. At most 1 week or so then it’ll be winter. Tracy also said that it’ll only get colder and colder now.

Since there was no rain I walked to work again. I wore shorts (wrong choice) and a thin long sleeve top. I was freezing because the wind was so cold.

We had nothing to do at work again today! There were so little events happening even Cherry told us straight in the face she didn’t have anything for us to do.

We spent the first hour of work reading through some fact sheet about the hotel’s room size and prices and also different banquet packages.

After that Cherry didn’t know what to let us do so she asked us to go have our lunch at 11.15am. We started work at 10am and in 1 and a half hours time we’re dismissed for lunch. Haha.

Joanne and YJ were at Super Brand Mall cuz Joanne started work at 12pm and YJ was off. So YH and I went to the mall to meet them for lunch. Apparently we could go out to eat without changing (we just need to remove our name tag).

Had Burger King for lunch! No staff canteen food! Yay! After lunch we went back and looked for Ehui.

There was a meeting for all banquet staff at China Hall at 2pm and Ehui wanted to go have his lunch with Cherry and a few others. He asked us to go take a stroll until it was 2pm and meet him at China Hall. We had like more than 1 hour to ‘stroll’ so YH and I decided to go to in-room dining to look for Hans, Benny and Tony (:

Ate bread and talked nonsense with them; time passed super fast. We then went up to China Hall for the meeting.

It was actually a presentation by Goh and Ehui about the damages done to the equipment in the hotel due to moving stuff in and out. I was tasked to help them click the slides and it was a good thing because I didn’t fall a sleep.

The whole meeting lasted for about an hour then we went up to T1’s ballroom to look at some technical stuff which I totally didn’t understand. They were discussing about LED lights, screens etc.

YH and I had nothing to do again and we just followed Ehui and Cherry around. In the end we were supposed to meet Ehui back at the Banquet Office to discuss about the layout of Opera Night.

Waited for him but he was in a meeting so we went up to find Hans. Helped him type a couple of emails and chatted with him before heading down again to find Ehui.

Thomas didn’t reply his email so there was nothing to discuss about the layout. We then chatted and he didn’t know that the 3 of us didn’t take our pay for Sept. Too bad the finance dept already knocked off when he tried calling them. But I’m sure he’ll get them to pay us so we don’t have to wait until the end of this month to get our pay for Sept!

Chatted with him until 7.30pm (we were supposed to end work at 7pm) and we headed down to the staff canteen for dinner.

Headed over to Super Brand Mall again because I wanted to go to H&M (but I didn’t buy anything). I also went to the back to draw money for shopping tmr! Shit man, I’m left with RMB1000 in my bank and it’s gotta last me until the end of Oct if Ehui fails to help us get our Sept pay.

Walked around Lotus and killed time until 8.30pm so I could take my free shuttle bus home. I don’t mind walking home but seriously it was too cold and what I was wearing didn’t really help.

And after 2 days of work, I’m gonna be off from Wed-Fri. Going back to work on Sat! (: