Monday, October 8, 2007

It rained today, heavily!

Work started at 10am for me and YH. YJ’s on off so I had to walk alone to work.

It was raining heavily with super strong winds and I WALKED to work with my multi-coloured umbrella. It was freezing cold cuz the wind was so strong.

I think today the rain was somewhat considered like a typhoon already; a mini one though.

There was nothing much for us to do at work today as usual.

Cherry was off so we followed Ehui the whole day.

There was a meeting for Opera Night so we sat in and felt like extras again. They were discussing about ticket sales and the floor plan at the foyer.

Since it’s an internal event a lot is done by the hotel especially in the Banquet Department.

And because YH is assigned to this event, Ehui asked YH to come up with the floor plan for the foyer and propose it to Thomas.

It’s not a simple drawing on Microsoft Word floor plan; this floor plan needs to have photos of the exact location and furniture we propose.

So we spent almost the whole day going down a few times (because there was an event going on and we couldn’t move the furniture around) to the foyer taking photos, going to the Banquet Office to upload the photos (because only Alan’s computer can read USB ports) and then going to the Event’s Concierge to draw the floor plan (because only Cherry’s computer is free for us to use).

All these 3 locations are very far away form each other. The foyer is at tower 1 level 3, banquet office is at tower 2 basement 1 and event’s concierge is at tower 1 level 2.

Work ended at 7pm and my initial plan was to go down to Super Brand Mall to eat Burger King for dinner with YH. I was also planning to drag and waste time till 8.30pm to catch the shuttle bus home because it was raining so heavily and I didn’t want to walk home (no cabs in Shanghai when it’s raining).

But we met Benny on our way up and he also ended work. He wanted to eat at the staff canteen so we accompanied him and ate there in the end. He also wanted to go down to Super Brand Mall to get some stuff from Lotus so all 3 of us headed there.

The moment we stepped out of the staff entrance the wind was crazily cold and strong! Thank goodness Super Brand Mall was just next to the hotel and walking outside was minimal.

My plan of dragging time till 8.30pm failed. Benny told me that I could take a bus from Lu Jia Zhui interchange which was quite near the mall and he was taking the same bus home so he showed me where to take the bus and where to alight.

The bus-stop wasn’t very far from my apartment, about 5mins walk. It was cold like shit and did I mention I was only wearing my jacket and shorts?

I’m gonna go watch ‘Becoming Jane’ now, work tomorrow again! Pray hard it wont rain heavily there’s no typhoon tmr otherwise I’ll have a hard time going to work and coming back.

Replies

KC: Lesson learnt (not the worms part though cuz I didn't know!) But yeah, those few days were enough.