Friday, September 28, 2007

Everyone’s telling me the same thing; but is that the fact?
I don’t know; only you’d know.

Why don't you tell me the answer?

Finally after 6 days of off I went back to work!

There was nothing much for Yu Hong and I (YJ’s on off) to do at work today; we toured around the function rooms to see what events were taking place.

The other function rooms that were under renovation last week had been completed already and is already in use! They are just so damn fast.

We also saw the setting up of some big shot event that’s gonna take place tmr (450 pax) in the largest ballroom in China. They were building platform stages for a fashion show that were inches away from the ballroom’s ceiling (highest ballroom ceiling in China too).

Lunch was spent crapping in in-room dining first for like half an hour before we headed to the staff canteen for lunch. When we went up, our manager attached us to different people.

I was with this lady who toured me around the function rooms (again) and then I just slacked at one of the function rooms where they were doing set-up for the next event happening later on.

Mrs. Tan called us because she was at the Lobby Lounge slacking so Yu Hong and I went down to pay her a visit. Chatted for a bit before she had to leave for a meeting and then take her flight back to Singapore!

Oh, the tailor came down today too! Yu Hong and I got our measurements done already so hopefully we’ll get our tailor-made suits ASAP! :D :D :D

After going to take our measurements, we went to in-room dining again to slack for a bit! This time round the manager and 2 assistant managers were entertaining us (:

Yu Hong and I were supposed to go meet YJ for dinner and we asked if Hans (in-room dining manager) wanted to come along. He agreed and coincidently I met Angela in the changing room so she went too.

Good thing is that he drives so transport wasn’t a problem! I don’t know what street we went to, but it was filled with a lot of street food.

While waiting for YJ and her 2 friends from Singapore to come we walked along the streets and Hans started buying ‘appetizers’ for us to try.

I FINALLY TASTED SMELLY TOU FU!
Eh, it wasn’t THAT smelly. And I quite like it! Haha.

We also ate octopus, duck stomach, chicken wings and takopachi.

Finally YJ and her 2 friends came so we proceeded for our main course- Sheng Jian Bao.

It’s somewhat like Xiao Long Bao; with soup and meat inside but the wrapping is half deep fried and half steamed.

It tasted quite nice but all the food is like super unhealthy! They put in so much MSG.

Oh, did I mention that I’m gonna be off again? From tomorrow onwards I’m off and I’m only going back to work on 5 October. That’s like another 6 days of not working can?! OMG.

So I’ll owe them 4 days; not that I want to okay, its because they aren’t working during the Golden Week so it’s pointless for me to go to work.

Replies

Yasmin: Thanks for the wishes! :D Hope you're having fun for your IAP! :D

KC: Oh I read a lot of bad things about it after we tried it that time! I swore never to do that thing again! Haha.