Saturday, September 29, 2007

With nothing to do on my off day today, YJ and I took a bus down to visit Yu Hong. Finally after almost 1 moth living in Shanghai, today’s the day I took a public bus.

The environment Yu Hong is living in is freaking nice; quiet and it doesn’t feel like China at all.

We then proceeded to have lunch at this restaurant called Hao Xiang Lai. They serve both western food and Chinese food. I ordered a steak set which costs only RMB32 and it comes with soup, drink, cocktail shot, bread, egg, pasta and a piece of steak which was medium rare! It’s been so long since I last had a proper western meal (:

The funny thing that happened was that before serving your main course, the waiter would ask you to shield yourself with the napkin because he was afraid that the food will splatter on you (it’s served on a hot plate).

However, Yu Hong accidently broke the cocktail glass when the waiter asked him to shift his stuff so that he could put down his main course on the table. How fragile can that stupid glass be, once it was pushed it broke into 2 pieces.

Would the restaurant ask you to pay for the broken cocktail glass? Apparently the waitress asked us to pay RMB1.80 for that broken glass. Wth.

Yu Hong then quarreled with them and in the end he gave them RMB10 to shut their mouth and embarrass them.

After the meal, we explored around the neighborhood and we saw vending machines selling condoms for RMB1 each.

Yu Hong and I decided to cab down to Carrefour after that to walk around. Over there I saw SECRET RECIPE!!

Walked around Carrefour and bought junk food and some necessities. We then went to eat at Secret Recipe. Ordered 2 slices of cake only because we were still full from the western meal in the afternoon. I so wanted to eat the Singapore Laksa they had!

Cabbed back to Yu Hong’s place and slacked for awhile before Hans drove to our place to pick us up for dinner. We went to eat street food nearby.

Yes, I’m eating on the streets and I ate stuff like duck intestine, chicken stomach, soft chicken bone etc etc. I think I’m getting a little bit crazy because I told myself never to try weird food!

After stuffing ourselves with so much food, we headed to Han’s house to take a look. We got stuck there doing nothing because Yu Hong was on the phone most of the time and Hans was waiting for him to teach him how to use his new camera.

It was already 2am when Yu Hong explained the camera functions to him and guess what; we forgot to bring out the junk food when we went out! So Han’s drove us back to Yu Hong’s place and I decided to stay over because I didn’t want Hans to send me all the way back home (Han’s is living quite near to Yu Hong).

Replies

KC: I think your lungs are already tainted? HAHA. I'm getting off for 6 days again! :D How's your work huh? Haven't seen you online.