Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It’s my first day of work again after like taking almost 2 weeks off? :D

I met up with Joanne and YJ at Super Brand Mall for lunch at 2pm first cuz it was their break time. We ate Dim Sum and then walked around until about 3.30pm then all of us headed back to the hotel.

I had to change into my new uniform and thank goodness the both of them accompanied me! A jade hostess wears this sleeveless black dress and I swear I’m so gonna freeze up there.

So after getting my uniform and changing into it, the both of them accompanied me all the way up to Jade (:

I was then toured around the area (for the n-th time) and then they asked me to go for dinner -.-

There’d be a meeting for everybody at 5.30pm daily and the restaurant was pretty quiet today.

The only important ones was 2 birthdays and 1 celebrity (Olympic 400m runner) that had made reservations.

In total, we only had like 24 covers for the night.

There was nothing much to do though. I helped them fold napkins, pack chocolate cake and every half an hour, we need to rotate to go downstairs to receive guests coming up to the restaurant via the express lift.

Thank goodness each of us had a scarf! I think I’d die if I was only wearing that black dress. Haha.

By right if I start work at 4pm, I’ll have to end when the restaurant closes. But today, our last customer left at around 11pm so we could all leave at 11.30pm (:

And despite how cold the weather was, I walked to work and walked back. I so do not want to spend money on cab especially if I’m taking it alone (no one to split the cost with!).

Work wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be. I think for the whole of January the restaurant won’t be busy. The hostesses I met working there seem quite nice too. I’ll just have to get used to the non-Singaporean environment there!