Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I worked alone today because Angela was off.

It’s my first time starting A shift (3pm-11.30pm). I was like on time, but I reached upstairs late because of the stupid lift. I waited like 5 mins for the damn lift. But on my way up I met this service staff called Raymond and he’s from Philippines! Finally, someone that I can converse in English up there besides the managers.

Although I was late, there weren’t any hostesses there yet so I just sat inside the room stoning because I didn’t know what to do. Tracy came shortly after and taught me what to do when we first arrive and I realized that today there’d only be 4 hostesses working (2 A shift and 2 B shift).

Dinner was a little awkward because I didn’t have anyone to eat with. But when I went down I saw Andy so I sat with him but he was almost done with his dinner. When he left, a whole group of male service staff came and just sat around me. I had quite a hard time conversing with them because they speak so fast!

And today’s the first time I met Danny (another manager. He’s from Holland) because he just came back from his annual leave. Although I didn’t really get the chance to speak to him, he seems so much nicer than Fabian!

There was a VIP table for tonight- the VP of SLIM Mr. James Jin was coming over for dinner and it made everyone on their toes. His reservation was at 7pm but he was like late for 45 mins!

The whole night I was stationed at level 1’s lift together with Dorothy. We’d rotate every half an hour and when it wasn’t my turn to stand, I’d be sitting and slacking in the hostess room and pretended to fold napkins just in case Fabian walks in.

Anws, Fabian seemed to be in quite a cherry mood today. He popped by the hostess room after work and saw me and reminded me about the Rice Cake thingy he asked me to do. This time, he spoke to me properly and not in the “I am ordering you to do this” tone.

I’ve gotta gather like all the Rice Cake promo stuff and present it to all the Jade staff this Saturday! Omg.

I ended work thinking that Joanne and YJ were home already cuz it was like 11pm but when I almost reached, YJ called and said they were still at the hotel chatting with Ehui! I took the opportunity to ask her to help me print out the Rice Cake email sent by David Dai so I’d have all the necessary info (: