Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another off day today! But I needed to go back to SLPU for hostess training so it was kind of a spoiler.

YJ and I woke up early today though to head down to Qi Pu Lu for shopping!! :D :D

We reached at around 10.30am and started to shop for bags! I bought 2 bags for myself and also bags for the people back home in Singapore.

We were going from one building to another and back again the whole time cuz we know where to get the stuff we want and the store wasn’t opened.

In the midst of shopping, YH called YJ telling her that it was snowing and SLPU was covered in white snow! We were like OMG and after paying for our purchase we headed straight to the exit!

And yes, it snowed again!! It wasn’t as heavy as the previous time but this time I was outside and I could feel it! :D :D :D

It didn’t last more than 15mins though but it’s better than nothing! Everyone was telling us not to pin our hopes up for snow in Shanghai cuz it rarely snows but hey! it snowed TWICE when I’m here :D

Besides buying bags and more bags, I also bought another top and some make-up. Squandered all my cash and then we cabbed back home to chuck the stuff.

YJ and I then settled money and I realized that I overspent on my budget of RMB400 of shopping today omg.

After that, I walked down to SLPU to meet Becky and we headed to BATS for the hostess training.

The training was done by Mr. Hubert and it lasted for 2 hours. I swear I would have fallen asleep if he wasn’t sitting directly opposite me.

Basically what we did today was an introduction to the various F&B outlets in SLPU and a hostess would represent their outlet and tell us about it. After that, Mr. Hubert would add on so in the end there were still 4 outlets that were undone and it’ll be left for next week!

After the 2 hour training, I walked over to Super Brand Mall and went to change my SGD20 because I’m so desperately in need of money already!

I’m like left with RMB600 to last me for the rest of the month! I sure suck at managing my finances here.

Exactly 2 more weeks to pay day. I’m so in need of cash.

Oh, we tried calling our landlord for the past few days but we just couldn’t contact him. His female friend would pick up the phone and say “he’s out to the market”, “he went out without bringing his phone”, “he’s gone on a business trip”.

Wth seriously. Who is she trying to kid. It doesn’t take a smart person to realize that he’s trying to avoid us. We still have like 1 month’s worth of deposit with him and our damn internet is still not working!

Anws, I don’t know why I couldn’t get to sleep last night (maybe it’s because of the Teh Tarek) and I eventually slept at around 5.30am and got up at 8.30am.

So I spent the rest of the evening in darkness (because her room light is spoilt) at JY’s room using the internet for awhile before going to bed!