Monday, December 3, 2007

We left our house at like 8.30am but we failed to walk to work. Why?

Because we first had to go to the Post Office to send the CD that contained our multi-media video. How long would that take, you ask.

The lady at the counter was unfriendly and when she asked "express or normal posting?", I replied "how much will the express one cost?" And she proceeded to seal our CD in the express posting envelop. We then had to fill in the address and everything and then she weighted the package.

"RMB128", she said. I was like "WHAT?! Then how much is the normal posting?" "RMB24"

Fine, so obviously we'd want the normal posting which will take 15 days to reach our sunny island so we told her to change it and then she grumbled saying why we didn't tell her in the first place.

While waiting at the counter, 2 China guys were behind us. There were also boxes of stuff that looked like it was gonna be sent out too. Suddenly, they started quarreling (I have no clue about what because they were blabbering in Shanghainese). It got louder and louder until I turned to YJ and rolled my eyes.

I went "OMG!!!" after that because they started fighting and accidentally shoved us. YJ and I then quickly tried to find a corner to 'hide' (because there was like nowhere we could stand) and continued watching them fight and punch each other until their glasses flew and both of them landed on the floor.

The 2 security guards there were practically useless. They tried stopping them but it wasn't of much use. Obviously at that point of time, no one bothered to help me settle my post.

By the time the lady at the counter asked me to pay, it was already 8.50am so what choice did we have but to take a cab down?

Fights occurring at Post Offices- only in China baby.

I was even lazy to surf the internet (which I totally regretted and I'll explain that later) so I just stared at the screen and stonned for like 2 hours because I was still tired from the Zhou Zhuang trip.

Soon it was 11am, the time where Estella and whoever reports to work. Estella then told me "oh, today you're gonna receive calls." I was like, "omg I don't even know anything!"

They had to put me sitting in-between Joanne and Estella because if I were to have any questions, I could ask either one of them.

So, I sat at Rainbow's desk because she was off. And guess what.

HER COMPUTER DOESN'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS.

Wa lau eh. That meant I had NOTHING to do can. I was also given some GDS to do and I swore I did it so slowly because I didn't wanna be free.

And I didn't receive a single call at all. Maybe because it wasn't so busy today and all calls will be diverted to other people first instead of my line.

I ended up entertaining myself with Solitaire, Minesweeper and Pinball. -.-

Lunch was at Saizeriya and we chomped down pasta to fill our stomachs because we knew we were gonna have late dinner.

I spent most of my time after lunch at YJ's desk and we were surfing Friendster and laughing at some random stuff. Friendster can be so entertaining at times (who needs Facebook haha).

We dilly dally-ed until 6.30pm and left for Super Brand Mall.

We were supposed to meet the rest at 9pm at F&B office to have dinner with Kelvin Tay at some Thai restaurant.

There was so much time to kill we didn't know what to do!

But being happy that our pay is already in our bank, we had our virgin neo-print experience in Shanghai! :D

The shop only had 3 machines, similar (or exactly the same) as Singapore machines. However, the staff there is trained to guide you along the neo-print experience.

They helped us put our cash in, select all the things for us etc. Our only job was to pose for the camera and doodle on our photos (:

And no, neo-prints arn't cheaper here. Ours cost RMB48.

But, they gave us 2 free furry pens (that we'll never use) and also scanned our photo into the computer so they could email us the soft copy. They even helped us cut our neo-prints lah.

We wanted to head to H&M after that but we ended up at B1's manicure shop!

Yup, we decided to get our nails done instead. I did french nails while Yj just did a soild colour.

That was enough to help us kill time until 9pm. And I'm so happy with my nails now! :D

It's been 3 months w/o any nail polish on my nails and I'm so not used to it. But my manicure cost me RMB96 :(

I shall go back there to do fake nails before I fly back to Singapore.

9pm at F&B office- only Maxim was there. We had to wait for Joanne, Angela and YH to come. In the end, we left the hotel at like 9.45pm.

Cabbed down to the restaurant and reached at like 10.30pm because there was a jam. The last meal I ate was at 12pm and I was STARVING!

Dinner was super satisfying though; worth the wait! Because we ate A LOT.

6 of us (excluding Kelvin because he didn't eat much) had like 3 plates of Pineapple Rice, 2 plates of sour fish, 1 big pot of Tom Yum Soup, 1 pot of another kind of soup, 2 bowls of Green Curry, 2 plates of chicken and 2 plates of Papaya Salad.

I think this was the best meal I've ate in Shanghai. I miss Thai food man! It might also be the most amount of rice I consumed in a very very long time. (omg what happened to diet plans)

The restaurant is located at some ulu area though, but opened by Thais. They close at 12am thats why Kelvin brought us there. And our total bill amounted to like RMB660 (:

We were super full after the meal (or shall I say feast :P) and also very very tired. But, Kelvin suggested foot massage so we all cabbed there instead of heading home!

It felt so good to get a massage after a hearty meal (: And by the time we were done it was already 1.30am.

Cabbed back home and slept at 2am?