Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Although we cabbed to work, we weren’t on time :P

There was so much to do at work today. Firstly, the printer jammed so I couldn't print out my call arrival report therefore I was idling around for the first 1 hour.

I tried doing a few pages of the TA's list though and then started calling.

There was this stupid bitch I called today. She helped 9 clients to book 9 rooms. I asked her for the arrival time of her clients and she told me 5pm. And because she didn't guarantee their rooms, the hotel does not ensure rooms for guest who check in after 4pm. I tried asking her nicely if she would want to help her gust guarantee the rooms by Credit Card but she brushed it off saying "Credit Card number is such a private thing. How would my clients give it to me?"

I then said, "you can provide me with anyone's Credit Card number to help guarantee the rooms" and she said "no one has Credit Cards in the company" OMG LAH.

She kept insisting that her clients would definitely show up and wanted me to ensure that the 9 rooms were kept. I then tried another alternative by asking her to fax over a company guarantee but then she said "My boss is not in town today, no one can chop the company's stamp without his signature" Omg wth, EXCUSES!

She was already so rude on the phone that I decided not to give her face anymore. She even wanted to speak to the Sales Manager or any Manager. Ugh. In the end, I just told her "since you're so confident that all your clients will turn up, why not give me YOUR Credit Card number to help them guarantee their rooms because there'll be no charge to your account if they check into the hotel"

She hesitated for awhile, and then kept asking if any charge was going to be imposed on. I think she gave up in the end because I kept telling her if her clients were to reach after 4pm and the hotel has already sold the 9 rooms, she would be the one at fault because she's responsible for booking their rooms.

She then reluctantly gave me her own Credit Card number (I thought she said no one in the company has a credit card...) and was so worried she had to pay money!

Okay, that was like the worst person I've called so far. Previously, I've met really nice people who were willing to help their clients guarantee their room without further questions asked.

Lunch today was definitely OUTSIDE. We've gave up on canteen food.

Wanted to go eat Congee at the Dim Sum restaurant but there was a long queue! So guess where we went?!

All the way to level 8 for the pasta/pizza cafe! :D

It was almost full house too but thankfully there were still a few seats left.

Each of us ordered pasta that cost RMB9 a plate. That's like freaking cheap! Where in the world can you find pasta that costs less than SGD2 in Singapore! Not even in hawker centers.

And this place is like a cafe/restaurant.

The pasta was super nice!! It made me miss Pastamania!! They also sell pizza, ESCARGOTS, grilled meat, baked rice etc etc.

YJ and I swore that it's so gonna be our new dining place for lunch for the rest of our attachment! It's cheaper than a Mac meal!

Just when we were about to leave, we saw 3 staff from Shangri-la going in to dine there too. Super awkward because they are also working at level 5 and constantly comes into RSVN office.

I had a craving for DQ's smoothie and I bought it at RMB25 (omg so much more expensive than my lunch can) because it was just next to the place we had our lunch. I wouldn't go all the way up to the 8th floor just to get a cup of smoothie. Haha.

Oh, it's our manager, Nancy's birthday today. It's exactly the same day as YJ's! Omg such a coincidence.

They distributed cake and candy from Yi Cafe around and YJ and I were super full and trying our best to quickly digest the food inside our stomachs because we were planning to eat Meat Buffet later for YJ's birthday.

After wishing Nancy happy birthday, we gave her our Interim Report she's supposed to help us fill in to submit to our LO.

And then we went down to print our ACD report (overdue for like 7 days already. Oops.)

Finally work ended. YJ and I headed to Lu Jia Zhui MRT station to meet Joanne in the cabin. It was peak period and the crowd was CRAZY.

Thankfully a Caucasian guy pulled YJ and I us into the train otherwise we'd missed it (:

The meat buffet place was at Raffles City. It's somewhat like the place we ate at Sixth Avenue with Justin Pang. But, this was so much cheaper- RMB78 per person.

However, all of us (JY, YJ, Joanne and I) were disappointed. The buffet spread wasn't fantastic, some of the meat they served was hard and the service staff sucked. Oh, they even had imitation Tabasco sauce!

It wasn't worth the RMB78. I'd rather pay SGD40 to eat that in Singapore lah.

Since it was still early after dinner, we decided to walk around outside. We were near Nanjing Road so we walked around Bu Xing Jie and decided to go to Haagen-Dazs for ice cream (:

We sat outside in the cold weather and just slacked. But we were disturbed by beggars who just came in to beg us for money -.-

For the whole period of time we sat outside, a total of NINE beggars tried their luck on us.

The waiter there was really nice though. He'd come out to help us chase them away. He even stood outside in the cold weather with his thin uniform to help us keep a lookout.

We waited for Angela to come after work to cut the cake. And since JY already bought a cake before she met us, we didn't need to get one from Haagen-Dazs. The waiter was also nice enough to let us cut the cake there and gave us candles, napkins and a lighter.

And when we were eating the cake, the funniest thing happened. A beggar, dressed super weirdly (he was wearing this red traditional hat; those that women wear when they get married and also some other nonsense hanging here and there). He tried begging for money but we ignored. He then started singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY in Chinese! OMG. We couldn't help but laugh. The waiter that helped us chase him away also couldn't take it and burst out laughing.

That wasn't the end of the beggar issue we faced for the night.

We wanted to go to Baby Face for awhile but in the end we didn't because Angela wasn't feeling well, JY's shirt was too tight to dance and the rubber of my heel broke.

It was already 11pm so we decided to call it a night and cab home.

While walking to find a cab, YJ was holding the cake box in the bag because there was leftover. A mother, with a 4 year old (?) child tried begging for money from us.

She asked her son to say "jie jie can u give me some cake? I need to eat. Thank you jie jie". OMGWTH.

And when we ignored, the boy was chasing the cake like how a dog would chase a bone. The mother was also trying her best to get cake or money from us.

I can't stand it when parents ask their child to beg for money. It's just so wrong.