Monday, October 22, 2007

YJ and I were supposed to be off today. But at like 10.30am, YJ received a call from Nancy asking where we were. We so told her we were working on Sat, so we’ll get Monday off in-lieu. She must be deaf. But who cares, we didn’t go to work today. Oops!

YJ watched her HK drama, and in the end we went out at around 1pm. Walked down to Ba Bai Ban for lunch. We went to eat at this Jap restaurant cuz from 11am-4pm there was a promotion going on.

The food is really nice and reasonable. YJ ordered kimchi and crab hotpot (RMB30) and I ordered beef pieces (RMB25). We ordered fried ice-cream and asked the waitress to serve it after our meal.

When our stuff came, the ice-cream came before all the food we ordered came. We told the waitress to keep it and serve it after we ate our meal but she said it didn’t matter because it was cold anyways.

So, I ate the first piece and it tasted quite nice (the ice cream was still hard) and after we finished our meal, I ate another piece and all the ice cream flowed out because it melted already.

What to do, COMPLAIN. The waitress made it sound as though it was our fault because we didn’t eat the ice cream when it came. But, we’re not the stupid ones. Of course we’ll know it’ll melt and already told the waitress to serve it after the meal when we ordered and told the waitress to keep the ice cream when it was served. In the end they gave us a whole new plate.

After eating, we headed behind Times Square because Ehui told us there was a warehouse. Sadly, a lot of shops were closed because in the morning there was a spot check and no one dared to open their shops to sell the goods.

In the end, YJ bought a wallet and I bought a bag to chuck all my clothes to send back to Singapore.

With nothing to do, we decided to walk home to watch a DVD and then go out again. Watched “Borat” and it sucked so YJ fell asleep and I started chatting with people online and use the internet.

I also started packing the stuff I wanna send back to SG and OMG I didn’t realize I had so much stuff! The seemingly huge bag couldn’t fit all the things I wanted to send back so I had to take out quite a number of stuff and leave it here. I wonder how I’m gonna bring all my stuff back when my attachment ends! Maybe cargo it if I have too much stuff!

In the end the both of us got lazy and Angela and Joanne came home. Joanne was hungry so YJ, Joanne and I went down to eat at Lan Zhou. After eating, Angela joined us and we walked the streets again.

I was so lazy to change I wore tee-shirt and shorts down with only a jacket. The weather outside was like 20 degrees? No one was wearing shorts and flip-flops.

Today wasn’t a very good night though; there were lots of police patrolling the area so there were super little stalls set up.

We saw the police car coming and a lot of stall owners grabbing their stuff and running away.

In the end, we walked all the way to the end again to buy doughnuts and strolled back hoping that more stalls would open.

Comparing to yesterday, the amount of stalls we saw was nothing. But, I still bought a pair of boots for RMB45! I think I’m crazy, buying so many boots. I won’t even use them when I’m back in SG. But it’s too cheap to resist!

Replies

KC: Things are too cheap here man! And shopping is our only past time. Take care of your leg will you. It's time to give your body a good rest since you can't exercise now. Hahaha.