Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Work started at 9am as usual. We thought that we could take our pay today because it’s 30 Oct but when we went down to the general cashier, the person said that it’s either tomorrow or when the notice is up :(

So much for being so hyped up getting RMB6000 at one shot. Sigh. We still gotta wait.

When I was doing the arrival calls today, I had to call someone from Hong Kong. And then I found out how to make overseas calls so I tried to call my dad. And it worked!!

So I was like calling my dad, 2 aunts, mum, Lance, Jun Wei, Nadia, my ah ma and chatted with them (: The good thing is that I don’t have to pay a single cent because I’m using the hotel’s phone but I don’t know if they need to pay or not.

We also did shop calls to ask if they had any Christmas promotions and also keyed in all the GDS bookings.

Hubert said he wanted to meet all 7 of us at Yi Café at 4pm so we went down. We chatted for almost an hour about what we’ve learnt so far. He’s really concerned and wants us to make the most out of our stay here.

After work, we met Joanne and Angela because they ended work an hour earlier than us. Joanne was going to meet her aunt for dinner so all 3 of us went along too.

We headed down to Ba Bai Ban to meet them before walking to another building to eat steamboat. The food there wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t filling.

There were very minimal road side stalls today and because we were still hungry we headed over to KFC and I ordered an egg tart (:

We then went opposite our house to buy ice-cream to eat in the cold weather and then Joanne and I sat down to eat Shao Kao.

Hopefully we’re able to get our pay tomorrow. I so want that amount of money badly.