Friday, September 7, 2007

Today’s an important day!

Because we got to know which department we were posted to! (:

The day started early because we went down to the hotel for breakfast. The breakfast is like so much better than their lunch and dinner!

I loved their “jiao zi” because they had free flow of vinegar! :D

No orientation today, all 7 of us were deployed into different outlets.

First we headed to the room service room, and guess what! I’M POSTED THERE!
With Yi Juan and Yu Hong!

The other 4 are posted to that buffet café.

I heard it’ll be a 2 and a half month rotation thing so we’re all gonna be exposed to room service and the buffet café.

So basically we did nothing today. Our manager’s quite nice though, or shall I say SUPER nice (:

Because we were so so bored doing nothing, he offered to tour us around the whole staff area so we could see the HUGE offices they had.

We toured around the old tower and the new tower. Those bigger shots offices weren’t in the underground, but at the fifth floor (rooms converted into offices).

We also saw the smoking area and it is so unglam and ugly and dirty and smelly.

You see, our boss was so nice that he let us go off at like 3.30pm when our shift was supposed to end at 6pm.

He also allowed us to work from 9am-6pm everyday because of transportation issues (:

And we can have like 2 off days in a row and we’re choosing Monday and Tuesday.

So we ended at 3.30pm, nothing to do right. Yu Hong, YJ and I headed to the mall next door, yes AGAIN, to go eat dessert.

After that I was supposed to go meet Uncle Albert at the hotel at 6pm. It was like 4.30pm and having nothing to do, we walked all the way down to somewhere near our motel to “wen feng mei fa mei rong” to WASH OUR HAIR :D

Did I mention wash and blow only costs RMB20?! That’s like freaking SGD4 okay!

We then tried to hail a cab back to the hotel, but we couldn’t catch one. And while hailing for the cab, I spotted Uncle Albert inside a cab! Ahhhh.

Okay, who in the world is this Uncle Albert guy right? He’s a colleague from my aunt’s office and I got to know him when I was touring in Taipei with their company.

He so happened came to Shanghai for business and arrived on Monday but was out of town until like today noon time.

We met him and he brought his other friend along. So the 2 of them, YJ and I cabbed down to Puxi to have dinner at this restaurant which serves local dishes.

I HAVE NOT SEEN SO MUCH OIL USED IN FOOD BEFORE MAN. Its like oil is free in China!

But overall the food was nice and the bill came up to only about RMB200+.

Then we cabbed down to “xi men ding”. This place is like Singapore’s Boat Quay.

I feel quite at home there because a lot of Caucasians hanging out there and almost every word I heard were in English.

We settled down at this ice cream place and our ice cream and beers came up to around RMB200+ too. That place is just overpriced and it’s for tourists.

So it was a wonderful night because I got to meet Uncle Albert! :D

He’s my first Singaporean guest to come visit me! But he’s flying home tomorrow noon time already :(

I’m sleepy, gotta work again tmr.

Replies

KC: I hate you. But hey, I think I'll be having a slack time in the hotel too aye? Room service dept! :D