Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Today was quite a short day at work (:

It rained in the morning though, super hard to flag a cab! But we were all on time reaching at 9am.

We had to like change into our uniforms and bun up our hair. And then we went into the training room to hear someone speak about the hotel’s blah blah blah for like 2 hours!

Okay, I got caught dozing off. Seriously, I was like damn tired and it was kinda boring. Everything the speaker said, we learnt before in school already. The information was also kinda useless for us because our main focus was our job scope and shifts.

After the super duper long speech, we went for lunch at the staff canteen! Finally, we weren’t being started at like fishes in the fish tank. But people still did look at us when we opened our mouths to speak.

We were then brought up to a café in the hotel to observe the serving procedures and stuff like that. Met a Singaporean chef there!

YJ and I also did our very first clearing of plates at the hotel there because we literally stood there doing nothing for quite some time and got bored!

Then suddenly, we were shoved with rough paper and a pen and were told to go around the café to draw out the layout of the different stores and food that they served LIKE OMG.

It was madness I tell you. Our feet hurt from the super hard shoes they provided us with and I totally don’t see a point in asking us to write down all the names of the food in the café. But maybe, there was a purpose. Hmm.

The suffering was finally over at 3pm! We changed and headed over to “zheng da guang chang” again so I could bank in more money!

I’ve also learnt how to update my bank book already! (:

Guess where we went to next. The ARCADE at the mall.

Didn’t spend much time there, I’m so not an arcade person.

Then we headed down to this supermarket called Lotus. It’s like Singapore’s Giant which sells EVERYTHING.

They were selling sausages for like RMB1.50 per stick. CHEAP, and it tasted not bad!

After the mall, we decided to pamper ourselves a bit and headed for FOOT MASSAGE.

70mins for RMB60. They massaged our shoulders and then our feet. IT FEELS DAMN GOOD OKAY.

I think I’m gonna make this foot massage thing a weekly affair (:

After that we went down to the same store again for the satay-like thing! We ordered 15 sticks of mutton, 15 sticks of beef, 15 sticks of chicken and 10 sticks of chicken wings!

7 of us paid only RMB9 each!

However, we sat like inside the store and the atmosphere was kinda dirty. Then suddenly someone shouted “lao shu!” and OMG everyone immediately lifted their feet up! So freaky man, a rat running around in the shop!

Okay after the whole rat saga, we managed to eat a decent meal. And when we finished eating and were waiting outside for Gabriel to end his phone call, I spotted this other rat on the corner of the road and I screamed and then YJ screamed and then Joanne screamed and the 3 of us held hands and ran all the way to the end of the street!

Yes, everyone there was staring. It’s okay, they don’t know us.

Sad to say, the 4 girls got a bit lost when walking home. We made the wrong turn and ended up god-knows-where. But we passed by this small shop and I bought a pair of bling bling ear rings for RMB14 only!

Oh yes, I’ve saw photos of the new hostel already. Everything’s fine except the distance and the toilet part. It’s a MASS TOILET. That means, all the girls bathe together! OMG.

Will open meeting tonight with the girls to discuss about our accommodation. I hope it’ll be settled quickly so I don’t have to like continue living on my luggage and spend money on the motel now.

Replies

Jun Wei: yes it's damn cheap! So faster come over and find me! :D :D