Monday, September 3, 2007

First day of work!

Our reporting time was 8.30am but a lot, like A LOT of waiting and wasting time was involved.

WE MET PEOPLE FROM SINGAPORE WORKING THERE.

I saw hot guys working there too!!!

And it’s like most people speak English so I feel quite at home (:

Okay, so we got our temp uniforms so we can walk around. Its, uhm not very nice but still acceptable.

But never mind, it’s only for like 1 week until we get assigned to our different places.

Oh, the shoes they provided are so painful! I was like literally crawling by the end of the day because we were walking SO fast.

We’ve also gotten our personal lockers already. It’s like ours for the whole period we’re staying there.

The uniform right, they provide EVERYTHING. From top to toe, like the hair net, stockings and shoes!

We didn’t do much at work today, just touring around so we ended quite early. We then headed over to “zheng da guang chang” to hunt for Watsons to buy the invisible gel for sore spots for feet!

Since the Bank of China was still opened, we decided to get a bank account also instead of waiting until the end of the month.

The process was quite hilarious. I had to like enter my pin number TEN, yes 10 times and sign my name SEVEN times! The process took quite long and every time I key in my pin number, the button will beep so it’s quite noisy!

And guess what. I only deposited RMB5 inside my bank account! And the amount we had to pay to set up the bank account was RMB15 only.

Coincidently, we met Chang Fang and Jie Ying at the mall too so all 9 of us went for dinner at some restaurant. YJ and I shared this big bowl of chili noodles which only cost RMB10! And we were so full. Although it was freaking oily, it tasted not bad!

We also ordered “xiao long bao”. Okay, this is like my very first time eating xiao long bao! Damn kuku right. Whatever. It was not bad, only that the skin was a little too thick.

Not satisfied enough, we headed to another place for dessert! We were like stuffing ourselves with food. I love the mango sago thingy and the black glutinous rice! :D

Oh, it rained today! Okay, sort of drizzled. We then cabbed over to Chang Fang’s place to look at the place next door that was going to be rented out.

We realized that it was SO FREAKING near where our motel is. Like, just 1 turn away.

OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT PLACE OKAY.

Gonna really consider it if our new accommodation is like not confirmed by tmr. I really wanna live in that apartment man.

Okay, after the whole apartment thingy Angela wanted to go cut her hair. So we walked down the road and saw this big hair and beauty salon. Apparently they have like 300+ chain stores in Shanghai only!

It’s cheap okay. A hair cut (+ wash and blow) costs only RMB50 and washing and blowing costs RMB20.

And they provide real good service! So meticulous and all.

Alright, another day of work tmr. I think we’ll know where we’re gonna be placed at. *cross fingers*

Replies

Jun Wei: Can you like do the calculation yourself? Someone's mental calculation is like SO much better luh. SGD1 = RMB 5 okay.

Vanessa: HELLO YOU!! :D :D Eh, I can't type the hotel name down. Hahaha. I'll PM you if I see you online (: You're going maldives right?! Email me!! Updates cuz I can't access blogs in China!