Thursday, September 13, 2007

I killed a nymph yesterday! YJ substituted the insecticide for our only air freshener and I slapped it dead with a slipper! :D

And I didn’t spend a single cent again today!

Went to work, and from 9am-10.30am Yu Hong, YJ and I were folding and pasting paper rings. The rings are supposed to hold the napkins. In total we made around 320 of those things within an hour and a half.

After that we had nothing to do again until 11.30am we went down to have our lunch break.

After lunch, we were also quite redundant. I spoke to my manager about my leave and finally he allowed me to carry it forward (:

There were like no emails today for us to help them type though.

We were then told to go for training about putting make-up at 2pm.

Headed over to the training room and the whole training session was in Chinese!

It was quite boring, mainly because I’ve been through these classes like 3 times before. After like 1hr, YJ and I decided to go visit the toilet cuz we were honestly quite urgent.

While walking past the HR dept, we saw our whole in-house team walking past with 2 trolleys of food and cake. They were going to the other training room to give our manger a surprise because it was his birthday today!

Good thing YJ and I went out of our training room because we joined them. Cut cake, sang song etc.

After the whole mini celebration we had to go back into the boring class. The speaker was already putting make-up on the model and after a while we were done (4pm).

Headed back to our department and we were told that the second F&B head wanted to meet us at 4.30pm. This spells trouble man.

And yes we were correct, all 3 of us in in-house dining are going to be shifted to the Banquet department ):

Sucks. There goes our honeymoon period at in-house. But we’re not Banquet banquet, our job scope’s more like an event coordinator. The middle-man between the client and the hotel’s staff.

We’ve gotta go thru another week of training next week again. And our working hours and shifts will so not be regular anymore.

But we get to change out of our current uniform (which isn’t very nice in my opinion) and get to wear suits? Something like that I think..

The most important thing, can I still get off on the days that I requested earlier for at in-house?

I asked and asked them to confirm like a million times. And yes, thankfully, I hope it’s confirmed that they are able to let me off on 24-28 Sept.

So we’re gonna change manager soon, our new manager’s a Singaporean.

Personally I think that I’m gonna learn a lot more with this new position because being in in-house, I’m not really learning anything but I have a real good manager and working hours and off days.

I have like the last 3 days in in-house. And you know what day tomorrow is?

EXAM RESULTS DAY :O

Replies

KC: I'm shifting to another dept already, so I think I'll have more things to do! That French guy, heck him. His accent's real strong though, quite sexy. OOPS!