Saturday, December 15, 2007

Who in the world would be so crazy to eat 2 buffets in a day?

The initial plan of going down to Qi Pu Lu was cancelled cuz Mrs. Tan and Mdm. Ler asked us out for lunch (:

Guess where? Shangri-la's Gui Hua Lou! -for buffet Chinese Dim Sum

Those that went were CF, JY, YH, Joanne, myself, the 2 lecturer's and Mrs. Tan's friend.

Since it was a buffet, we ordered A LOT and obviously stuffed ourselves! GLH's food is really great and it somewhat feels like you're dining in a good restaurant back in Singapore (:

After lunch, Joanne and I toured Mdm. Ler around our hotel before bidding goodbye (because they were going back to SG at night) and then we decided to head to Di Mei- SHOPPING!

This place is somewhat like Qi Pu Lu; but it's more organized and less chaotic. It's also situated underground and near the MRT station.

I didn't buy much though- I'm so broke! But I did get a pair of boots (necessity) and a few other nonsensical stuff :/

After shopping, we headed back home to chuck our stuff before heading out to Nanjing to meet the rest for dinner. We had a date with Maxim and his girlfriend for Japanese Tepanyaki (BUFFET TOO!)

JY, Joanne and I were like DAMN full while still trying to locate the restaurant BUT when we sat down and ate the first dish, we realized we could stuff more food into our stomachs!

The beef they had was so good I ordered like 4 servings!

At the end of the day, something bad happened. EVERYONE thought that this dinner would be Maxim's treat but it turned out otherwise. So yes, each person paid RMB180 for the dinner and I swear I was going to cry out loud because I AM SO FREAKING BROKE.

After dinner, it was already 11pm. JY, YJ, Joanne and I cabbed down to Baby Face while the rest went home.

We wanted to claim out half bottle of Chivas from the night we went with Raymond but that couldn't be done on a weekend. So, we just danced the whole night without ordering any drinks cuz no one had money (all our stuff was in the baggage area and the queue to get something was crazy).

2am and we left the place- it is already considered late when you have early morning plans the next day!

We reached home at about 3am and I had to wake up at 4.30am. OMG.