Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ehui asked us to report to work at 8am today. Chatted (or rather whined/complained) with him and Cherry for 1 hour before going up to level 5.

For the first hour of work, no one entertained us. We went down again to take our mugs (so office like) up and took the chance to chat with some banquet people before heading upstairs again.

No one entertained us for about 1 hour. We were assigned to our desks and my computer couldn’t be switched on. So we looked at magazines and took turns to surf the net to pass time.

After that, a girl by the name of Angeline came to us with a super duper thick stack of paper. She asked us to do filing.

We were supposed to sort it according to dates and types. Tough job and it’s so tedious because it’s daily bookings of hotel rooms.

So for the whole morning we were doing filing and I hate it when they give us fixed timings for lunch. It was 11.20am when YJ and I finished a part of the documents so we wanted to eat. And to be nice, we asked Nancy if we could go for our lunch. She said that lunch was either at 11.30am-12.30pm or 12.30pm-1.30pm.

She even added that we might want to go for lunch together with the other colleagues but YJ and I were like ‘no thanks’.

Instead, we went down to Banquet and looked for YH to have lunch together. I know right, we are such anti-social people. But the people at Reservations aren’t really the kinda ppl YJ and I would like to mix with.

Since we only took half an hour for lunch, we still had another half an hour to spare. So we went to Events Concierge to slack for awhile and we found TREASURE!

Remember the chocolates we didn’t get to eat 2 days ago? Apparently I can understand Shanghainese already because when I opened the mini fridge in the cupboard to take out mints to refill the tray, I SAW 2 BOXES OF CHOCOLATES FROM THAT DAY!!

YJ and I totally lost it and started popping the chocolates like nobody’s business! We were so happy after that before heading up to level 5 again.

Did more filing and followed Angeline to the store room to take stationeries. Came back, and did more filing! We were finding the sheets until our eyes got blur. We had to match the confirmation numbers (which was 4 digits so it sounded like we were reporting 4D most of the time) with the Reservation and Cancellation/Change sheets.

After all the filing, we were taught how to do data entry. Yawn. How boring.

It was soon 5pm so it was time to go homeee!

The good thing is that time passed by very quickly but the bad thing is that we’re being confined in the office and there goes our social life. I so cannot imagine myself being stuck in that office for the rest of my attachment.

After work YJ and I headed over to Super Brand Mall to help Jie Ying change SGD then we walked home. Slacked for awhile before going down to eat Tomato and Egg Fried Rice (:

Came back and we watched this super boring movie called “Day Night Day Night”. And because Angela was showering, YJ and I went over to JY’s place to use the toilet cuz we were super urgent!

We then stayed there to chat for a bit and CF started playing “The Promise” on DVD. I watched for like half an hour before coming back home to sleep!

Replies

KC: Yup, we have stuff to do. Filing and data entry? I'm not taking secretarial courses you know? Hahaha.